Behind The Scenes

Behind The Scenes
Before the game can be played, the field must be made ready. Is your field ready?

Friday, February 21, 2014

I Have Met The Enemy, And He Is Me

So here's a recurring issue in my life.

Pray for God's will. Submit to turning everything over to Him. Then turn around and go about trying fix things myself.

Amazing how quickly the things that don't need fixing get broken. And the things that are already broken get more broken (I resisted the urge to say "brokener," even though I REALLY wanted to. For effect, of course).

It's a fine line I've been walking in the 20 months since giving my life to Jesus Christ. Put legs on your prayers, but don't stomp all over what God is trying to do in your life.

You'd think it would get easier, that each failure would make it even more clear that I have no idea what I'm doing (AUTHOR'S NOTE: I live with two women. Used to be three until my oldest daughter got married. There's no shortage of people available to tell me I don't know what I'm doing. And usually they're correct. But I digress).

Yet Satan isn't going to attack our strengths. It's our weaknesses he preys on. And in my case this is one of the areas the devil seems to be working overtime. Finding myself in that position again now as I transition out of doing a daily radio show, he isn't going to let me slip comfortably into the next phase, whatever it is.

The good news? I serve a God who reigns supreme. And whatever His will for my life, eventually He will get me there. Satan can't stop Him. And neither can I.

It just might take a few painful lessons to learn to get out of the way and let The Lord lead.

That's been the case so far, and I'm thankful for every single one of them. Because as they happen, I understand a little more where He has me headed.

Even if I can't see the exact destination just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment